Drone Patent Index February 2015
44 drone patents were granted in February. This is a 91% increase from January and a 144% increase from the year before. 31 drone patent application were published in February. This is a 40% decrease from January and 3% increased from the year before.
Selected Drone Patents
- Position and direction determination using multiple single-channel encoders — Google Inc.
- Estimating position and orientation of an underwater vehicle based on correlated sensor data — Lockheed Martin Corp.
- Vehicular driving system and driving method thereof — Komatsu Ltd.
- Driving pattern recognition and safety control — Google Inc.
- Systems and methods for controlling movement of unmanned vehicles — Harris Corp.
- Bot having high speed stability — Symbotic, LLC
- System and method for determining a quality value of a location estimation of a powered system — General Electric Company
- Automatic flight control for UAV based solid modeling — Empire Technology Development LLC
- Automated warehousing using robotic forklifts — Cybernet Systems Corp.
- Power generating windbags and waterbags — Sia; Yik Hei
Selected Drone Patent Applications
- METHOD AND APPARATUS FOR POSITIONING AN UNMANNED VEHICLE IN PROXIMITY TO A PERSON OR AN OBJECT BASED JOINTLY ON PLACEMENT POLICIES AND PROBABILITY OF SUCCESSFUL PLACEMENT — Motorola Solutions, Inc.
- MAP DATA CREATION DEVICE, AUTONOMOUS MOVEMENT SYSTEM AND AUTONOMOUS MOVEMENT CONTROL DEVICE — Yukihiko ONO, Kenjiro Yamamoto, Ryoko Ichinose, Akira Oshima
- LOCALITY ADAPTED COMPUTERIZED ASSISTED OR AUTONOMOUS DRIVING OF VEHICLES
- SYSTEM, METHOD, AND COMPUTER SOFTWARE CODE FOR DISTRIBUTING AND MANAGING DATA FOR USE BY A PLURALITY OF SUBSYSTEMS ON A LOCOMOTIVE — General Electric Company
- METHOD FOR CONTROLLING A MULTI-ROTOR ROTARY-WING DRONE, WITH CROSS WIND AND ACCELEROMETER BIAS ESTIMATION AND COMPENSATION
- COOPERATIVE VEHICLE COLLISION WARNING SYSTEM
- WING SPAR RETENTION SYSTEM AND METHOD — Becklin Holdings, Inc.
- RETENTION SYSTEM AND METHOD FOR A WING — Becklin Holdings, Inc.
- COMPOSITIONS AND METHODS FOR FLUORESCENT GENETIC BAR-CODING IN MAMMALIAN CELLS FOR ENHANCED MULTIPLEXING CAPABILITIES IN FLOW CYTOMETRY
- Arrangement For Controlling Highly Automated Driving Of A Vehicle
We try to limit the Drone Patent Index to patents and patent applications that appear to be substantially related to and intended for use with drones. Since drones use a very wide range of technologies (please see our drone technology article), we do not attempt to include every patent or application that could be applied to drones. As we use it here, the term “drone” includes any autonomous vehicle. Please let us know if we have missed any important patents. Drone patent applications are applications that have been filed with and published by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Although most applications are published, a small percentage (about 7% nation wide) are not published for various reasons. Patent applications are generally published 18 months after the first priority date of the application. Published applications have not necessarily been examined and some applications will be abandoned after publication. Once an application is examined and approved and all fees and formalities have been satisfied, the Patent Office grants a patent.